“Winning the award gave us a real sense of pride, reward, and recognition.” Fraser Paterson, manager of the Fraud Prevention team at NHS Scotland Counter Fraud Services (CFS), winners of the 2016 Excellence in Fraud Prevention Award
You can enter the Government Counter Fraud Awards by following the step-by-step instructions below.
*** Entries for the 2017 Awards have now closed. ***
- Plan your entry and keep your responses clear and concise.
- Avoid repetition and business jargon.
- Showcase your counter fraud strategy and organisation’s culture.
- Use specific and tangible examples of work.
- Include evidence of return on investment.
- Outline your achievements and the impact your case, initiative or project has had on your organisation.
STEP 1: Decide which category(s) you would like to enter.
STEP 2: Read our terms and conditions.
STEP 3: Download your Government Counter Fraud Awards 2017 Entry form here.
You must complete one entry form for each nomination. The form asks for the following information:
- the category being entered;
- the name of the individual or team being nominated;
- why they are being nominated;
- testimonials relating to the nomination;
- details on how success was realised;
- details of any supporting documentation (these could include sample documents, examples, case studies);
- contact details for the person submitting the nomination;
- how you heard about the Awards; and
- whether the individual or team knows they are being nominated.
STEP 4: Submit your entry form and any supporting documentation by clicking the SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY button on this page. You will be asked to provide your organisation’s details, the category(s) being entered and to upload your completed entry form(s) and any supporting documentation.
STEP 5: When you have submitted your entry, we will send you an email to confirm its receipt. The email will include a reference number – please keep this for your records as you will need to quote it in any correspondence.
Your completed entry – the information you provide in the entry form and any supporting documentation – must not exceed 3,500 words.
Each entry must focus on a specific case, initiative or project. You cannot use the same case, initiative or project as the basis for multiple entries.
Best of luck!